Welcome to Iowa Tax and Tags
Enjoy the convenience of paying online - it is easy, safe and
Accepted Payment Types:
- eCheck (electronic funds transfer), Discover Card, Master Card,
American Express, and Visa via the internet and over-the-counter.
Additional fees will be applied to the total due.
- A $20.00 returned check fee will be charged for checks and
echecks returned for insufficient funds.
Property Taxes Paid Online
- Have your tax statement available while making payment. If you
do not have a statement, you can locate your statement at http://beacon.schneidercorp.com
- Tax Sale Redemptions can NOT be paid through
this site. Please inquire at 563-245-1807.
Motor Vehicle Renewals Paid Online
- A PIN number is required. You can locate your PIN number in the
upper right hand corner of your renewal notice or by contacting our
- Online service is NOT available if proof of
SR22 insurance is required or any state debts are owed.
- Half year license, apportioned vehicles and firemen plates are
NOT eligible for online renewal at this time.
Order Personalized and Specialty Plates
- Personalize your license plate,
check availability, and reserve it. If it is available and
approved, your plates will be manufactured and delivered to the
county treasurer's office in the county where you live. You
will be notified when the plates are ready to be picked
Parcel Information Website http://beacon.schneidercorp.com
- The Beacon website contains sales information, assessed values,
tax payment history and a copy of your current tax statement.
You may also find soil reports and maps.
Property Tax Credit Information-Forms available at this
- Disabled and Senior Citizens: Must be 65 or older or totally
disabled and 18 years of age or older by December 31, 2014 and have
household income of less that $22,011. Property owner must file a
claim with the county treasurer every year by June 1 preceding the
fiscal year in which the property taxes are due.
- Mobile Home Reduced Rate: Must be 23 years of age or older by
December 31, 2014 and entire household income less than $22,011.
Mobile home owner must file a claim with the county treasurer every
year by June 1 preceding the fiscal year in which the mobile home
taxes are due.
- Homestead Credit, Military Credit and Business Property Tax
Credit: Contact the Assessor's Office at (563) 245-2533 for
2015 Tax Sale