Beginning Oct. 1, 2020, if you're planning to travel by commercial plane, you must show a REAL ID compliant license or identification card (ID) at the airport, or comply with TSA by providing additional and accepted documentation including increased security checks which may cause delay.
Don't fret! We're here to help you discover if an Iowa REAL ID compliant license or ID is right for you.
WHAT IS REAL ID
REAL ID is a federal act focusing on anti-terrorism, fraud protection, and security specific to the production of driver's licenses and ID cards that control access to
- Federal facilities requiring identification to enter.
- Federally regulated commercial aircraft.
- Nuclear power facilities.
IS A REAL ID CREDENTIAL THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR ME?
REAL ID does not:
- Invalidate your state issued driver’s license or ID card.
- Affect using a driver’s license or ID card for usual purposes, such as driving, renting a vehicle, writing a check, purchasing alcohol or tobacco, or entering a casino.
You may not need a REAL ID compliant license or ID card if you
- Do not fly and do not plan to enter certain federal facilities, such as military bases and nuclear power plants.
- Have an acceptable alternative to a state-issued REAL ID compliant driver’s license or ID card, such as a valid U.S. passport.
Thank you for the great job you have done making tax payments online so EASY! Very well-designed.Madeline T.